A Pristine Environment
- Famous for its icy glaciers, mighty waterfalls and fiery volcanoes, Iceland has one of the most pristine environments on Earth.
- Icelanders are committed to preserve their environment. The country has been nominated several times as one of the most sustainable nations in the world.
- The air in Iceland is amongst the cleanest in the world. The country has better air quality than nearly all OECD-countries.
Pure Water in Abundance
- Naturally filtered through layers of volcanic rock, Icelandic water is extremely clean, low in minerals and almost sterile from its source.
- Iceland has fresh water in abundance, far more per capita than any other nation in the world.
Leader in Renewable Energy
- Due to its abundant hydro and geothermal resources, Iceland is a global leader in renewable energy. The country generates 100% of its electricity from clean energy, using only 35% of its estimated potential.
- The Algalif facility is 100% powered by geothermal energy.